The Cosmopolite
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
  Beginnings
I just do not get the New Year celebrations, you know!! I just don't get it. What are all these people thinking, when they say "hey, the bad year is gone, the new year is gonna be great!!", maybe they actually believe it for like two days in the new year, before... the next new year's eve.

I think I know what it is, we humans love beginnings when the slate is wiped clean, we really do! We believe that at the beginning of a new year, all activities of the past year are wiped out and consigned to the history section. I can almost see a convict on the dock saying to the judge, "Last year, I murdered two people, ate 15000 calories extra, dumped my wife, but hey, its the new year. The old year is gone, I am in the clear, I am at the beginning again, I get another chance".
 
Comments:
Dear one-week-cubicle-mate,

I was chuckling after reading your thoughts on New Years.

Anyway, keep the posts coming. Gilly seems to have saved his hide with today's innings.

-Gaurav Gollerkeri
 
I can actually visualize u asking out loud "I just do not get it" :)
LOL
Sowmya
 
I echo your feelings, pal... I feel the new year's parties/resolutions etc. are an escapist's wishful optimism... drown all your sorrows and wish for the illusive magic wand that changes everythibng oevrnight...

ps: How's irevna doing withouit me?:)
 
Dada... Irevna is quite missing ya... we've taken to using your quotes "kuch kar" and "chup hoja", so we fear you are still not all gone... have a great life ahead
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Random views on everything, true to its name

ARCHIVES
October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / April 2007 / May 2007 / October 2007 / March 2008 / December 2008 /


Powered by Blogger